Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rainbow Hair + La Riche Directions hair color review

Long time, no blog! I figured it was time to do an update, and what better thing to blog about than hair? It's one of my favorite subjects.
Just this past weekend I decided that I wanted to do rainbow colors in my brown hair, and I went to my stylist and she did this for me!
We bleached out streaks all over my hair first, foiling them, and then after leaving those on we started the color process, the whole thing (not including the cut) took about 3 hours total. It was worth every second! We also did two coontails on one side. The blue didn't take right on it.
I used La Riche directions Bright Daffodil, Flamingo Pink, and Mandarin. La Riche Directions is a haircolor brand that hails from the UK. The color itself was almost like a gel, different from Manic Panic or Special Effects. It took to my hair vibrantly, especially the orange and pink!
I will update in a month with how it fades out. It has many promising reviews so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope it will hold out. If not, I have plenty of it left over!

UPDATE June 8, 2012
Directions started fading in two weeks for me. It wasn't bad at first. Around the 5th week, it was mostly gone and the initial blond had replaced the streaks. I haven't bothered recoloring them.
I did use Directions on a friend of mine, and I must say that a small amount of it goes a long way. It covers hair easily. It's better to work with than Manic Panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment